Professor DongJoon Lee is a professor at Nagoya University of Commerce & Business, where he teaches Distribution Theory, Physical Management, Marketing & Management Strategy, and Firm Theory. His research interests include Distribution Channel Management, Financial Products, and Applied microeconomics based on Game Theory. Professor Lee received his Ph. D. of Economics from the Graduated School of Kyoto University.
After receiving his Master Degree, he had been working at Samsung Insurance, the Largest Company at Insurance Sector in South Korea, Leading Investment Securities, and Lee Investment Advisory as a fund manager for 10 years.
Distribution Channel Management, Financial Products, Applied Microeconomics
Ph.D. (Kyoto University)
- "Determinants of Vertical Integration: Investment Efficiency, Product Differentiation and Firm Size", Theoretical Economics Letters, Vol.8 No.5, 201804
- "The Role of Affiliated Retailers and Channel Strategy of Japanese Consumer-Electrics Firm", Journal of Marketing & Distribution, Vol.20 No.2, 201709
- "Port Privatization under Cournot vs. Bertrand Competition: A Third-market Approach", Maritime Policy and Management, Vol.44 No.6, 201708
- "Strategic trade policies with first-mover and second-mover advantages in a vertical structure", Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Vol.26 No.5, 201707
- "First-Mover and Second-Mover Advantages in a Bilateral Duopoly", Korean Economic Review, Vol.33 No.1, 201706
- "Welfare-Improving Vertical Separation with Network Externality", Economics Letters, Vol.151, 201702
- "The Equivalence of Bertrand Equilibrium in a Differentiated Duopoly and Cournot Equilibrium in a Differentiated Oligopoly", Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, Vol.7 No.2, 201612
- "Common Information versus Disclosure in a Vertically Related Market", Accounting Progress, No.17, 201609
- "Can We Duplicate a Sequential Game with an Asymmetric Simultaneous Game", 2016 SCIS & ISIS Proceedings, 201608
- Firms’ Strategic Decisions vol.2, Kazuhiro Ohnishi, Bentham Science, 201604
- "R&D Investment and Vertical Structure in Trade Policies", Journal of International Trade and Industry Studies, Vol.21 No.1, 201603
- "Bertrand vs. Cournot Competition with Upstream Firm Investment", Bulletin of Economic Research, Vol.68 No.S1, 201612
- Firms’ Strategic Decisions: Theoretical and Empirical Findings-Chapter 3, Nariu, Tatsuhiko, Kaoru Ueda, DongJoon Lee, Shunsuke Shimizu in Kazuhiro Ohnishi, Bentham Science, 201504
- Firms’ Strategic Decisions: Theoretical and Empirical Findings-Chapter 1, Lee, DongJoon, Tatsuhiko Nariu, Tatsuya Kikutani in Kazuhiro Ohnishi eds., Bentham Science, 201504
- "Bertrand versus Cournot Competition in a Vertical Duopoly", Scientiae Mathematicae Japonicae, Vol.e-2015 No.28, 201501
- "Price versus Quantity Competition with Asymmetric Costs in a Vertically Related Duopoly", SCIS&ISIS, Vol.130, 201412
- "Distributor's Cost-reducing Investment under incomplete information: Trade-off between Double Marginalization and Incentives to Investment", Studies in Applied Economics, Vol.8, 201412
- "Reverse First-mover and Second-mover Advantage in a Vertical Structure", MPRA Paper No.59803, 201411
- "The Choice of Royalty Structures: Sales-based and Margin-based Royalty", NUCB Journal of economics and information science, Vol.59 No.1, 201408
- "A Note on Bertrand and Cournot Competition in a Vertically Related Duopoly", Social Science Research Network, No.2447157, 201406
- "FIRST MOVER AND SECOND MOVER ADVANTAGE IN A VERTICALLY RELATED MARKET", Social Science Research Network, SSRN-id2447158, 201406
- "Why Are Firms' R&D Investment Behaviors Different?", Journal of Business and Economics, Vol.4 No.11, 201311
- "Prior Cost-reducing Investment and Pricing Schemes: Linear Pricing and Two-part Tariff?", 29th Fuzzy System Symposium, 201309
- "Resale Price Maintenance versus Delegation, under Asymmetric Information", Manchester School, Vol.81 No.3, 201306
- "Channel Competition and Boundaries of the Firm", NUCB Journal of Economics and Information Science, Vol.57 No.1, 201207
- "Market Procurement versus Keiretsu Procurement: Input Procurement in the Automobile Industry", Journal of Global Business society, Vol.1, pp. 15-23, 2012.
- "The Role of Franchise Fees and Manufacturers’ Collusion", Proceedings of 2012 LCBR European Marketing Conference, pp. 1-13, 2012.
- "An Analytic Hierarchy Process approach to fixed income market portfolio- The case of South Korean bond market -", Proceedings of SCIS-ISIS 2012, pp. 1969-1973, 2012.
- "Market Entry Strategy by Vertically Integrated Firms: Direct Entry vs. Spin-off", Scientiae Mathematicae Japonicae, Vol.73 No.2&3, pp. 129-142, 2011.