He has been serving as visiting professor of global management and strategic management control systems and doing business in ASEAN at global MBA program of NUCB since 2012. Since 2008, he has been a full-time faculty member of management accounting at Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University where he has served as the executive director and head of MBA program from 2011-2015. Since 2013, he has been managing various research, policy making workshops and consulting projects at Sasin Japan Center where he serves as the director.
He has completed his doctoral course work at the graduate school of business of Osaka City University where he spent one year as visiting research student at the Oxford’s Hertford College. Subsequently, he has earned a Master of Science (MSc) in management research (distinction in accounting) and his thesis on interrelationship between management control systems and strategy (studied under Prof Christopher S Chapman and Prof Tomo Suzuki) has been awarded Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in management studies from the University of Oxford in association with Saïd Business School and Hertford College.
Currently Dr. Fujioka serves as visiting associate professor at Waseda Business School (since 2015) and served as visiting research fellow on global leadership program of Hiroshima University (2011-14), global center of excellence research fellow of Urban Research Center (2008-9), research fellow of Osaka City University (2008-11), visiting researcher and completed executive teachers program at Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University (2010), and international academic visitor of faculty of economics of Hannan University (2008, 2010 and 2013).
He has been involved in various consulting projects in collaboration with a wide range of governmental, professional and industrial institutions such as Ministry of Economy, Trade and Investment Industry (METI), JICA, JETRO, HIDA (The Overseas Human Resources and Industry Development Association), Japan Chamber of Commerce, Deloitte, the National Conference of the Association of Small Business Entrepreneurs, Nikkei News Paper, Nikkei BP, Recruit Works, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Corporate Directions Inc., Hyogo Economic Association, Osaka Business Association, Hiroshima Business Association, Himeji Business Association, Japan Productivity Center and Japan Management Association Consulting (JMAC) Thailand.
At Sasin Japan Center, Dr. Fujioka has organized seminars and executive training for top executives in collaboration with JMAC Thailand, Japan Productivity Center, Deloitte, Nikkei News Paper, Nikkei BP, Globis Management School, Celm, and NNA for over 400 companies. He has also been serving as advisor for several listed Japanese and International corporations. Since 2014, he has been appointed as the tourism ambassador for Himeji City to promote international collaboration in Harima region.
Dr. Fujioka has published in various journals from practitioners’ oriented to academic journal both in English and in Japanese and has contributed to several academic books in collaboration with international academics:
Management Control System, Strategic Management Accounting, Global Management (ASEAN) and Internationalization of SMEs
D.Phil. (The University of Oxford)
- "Identifying the Missing Links: Enhancing Regional Connectivity of Mekong Countries amidst Demographic Transition", Sasin Journal of Management, Vol.20 No.1, 201604
- Thailand- Plus-One Strategy for Co-Creation of Value in the Mekong Region, Takamasa Fujioka edited, Doyukan, 2015
- The Styles of Thai and Japanese Business: Secrets of Doing Business in Emerging Countries, Takamasa Fujioka, Canaria Communications, 2015
- Post-AEC Regional Industrial Strategy and the new Thailand-Japan Partnership for Mekong region, JICA Project Report, 2014
- Study on the Business Alliance Model between Thailand and Japan: In search for the social capital enhancement, JICA Project Report, 2013.
- Doing Business in Thailand: Potentials and Challenges, co-edited, Doyukan, 2012
- Theory of General Management, co-authored, Jitsugyo Publication, 2009
- C.S. Chapman (ed.) (2008). Controlling Strategy (Senryaku wo Control Suru), Oxford: Oxford University Press. (Co-Translated into Japanese, from Chuo-Keizaisha Publishing Company (Tokyo)). [Journal and Conference Proceedings]
- ASEAN Production Networks and the Post-AEC Business Strategies for Japanese MNEs in the Greater Mekong Subregion” Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advancement of Development Administration: Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, NIDA Bangkok, 2015 (co-authored).
- Cluster-linkage approach for the internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprise, Kigyoshindan, Vol.60 (Oct). No.11, 2013
- Exploring Current Status of the Usage of Business Simulation Games in Thai’s Business School, Management Review, Hiroshima University, Vol.14, 2013 (co-authored)
- A framework for achieving competitive advantage with lifetime customer management, Sasin Journal of Management, Vol.18 No.1, 2013 (co-authored)
- A Framework for Competitiveness of Thailand: Evidence and Economic Analysis from World Economic Forum Report, Sasin Journal of Management, Vol.17 No.1, 2012 (co-authored)
- "Studying Management Accounting in the Contexts in which it operates: A critical review of Strategic Management Accounting", Memorial Article Collection for Professor Toemsakdi Krishnamra, Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration, 2011
- “Status of the global human resource management and development of Japanese firms”, Journal of Japanese Chamber of Commerce, Bangkok, Vol.592, 2011
- Accounting, Organizations and Institutions: Essay in Honour of Anthony Hopwood, Melco Journal of Management Accounting Research, Vol.3, 2010 (book review)
- Mutually constitutive relations between management accounting and strategy: A practice based view, Kigyoukaikei, Vol.61 No.6, 2009