Dr. Hokuto Dazai graduated from the Faculty of Literature at Keio University and received his Ph.D. in Commerce at Hitotsubashi University. He worked at the Lion Corporation and taught courses in Behavioral Economics in the School of Commerce at Hitotsubashi University before he joined NUCB. His research topics are Family Business and Prospect Theory with Empirical Approach in Econometrics.
Behavioral Finance, Corporate Governance
Ph.D., Hitotsubashi University
Awards & Honours
- (2019) Teaching Award 2018. NUCB
- (2017) Teaching Award. NUCB
- (2016) Asahi Beer Best Paper Award (3rd). Association of Behavioral Economics and Finance
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Japanese family firms from the perspective of corporate governance. SHOKO-KINYU 70 (11) :0914-1308
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Family generation and business performance: Evidence from Japan. Journal of Business Succession 9
- Hokuto Dazai (2019) Business Succession of Japanese Listed Companies: A Survey from 1956 to 2013. Journal of Business Succession 8
- Hokuto Dazai (2017) Family Firms and Family Succession: An Empirical Analysis in Japanese Department Store Industry. Hitotsubashi Review of Commerce and Management 12 (2) :9784561570998
Book & Case Publishing
- Hokuto Dazai (2021) Simplex Solutions: Expanding the Entrepreneurial Team.
- Hokuto Dazai (2021) Boost M6700 (A): Buyer-Seller Negotiation - Confidential Instructions for John Payne.
- Hokuto Dazai (2021) Boost M6700 (B): Buyer-Seller Negotiation - Confidential Instructions for Cindy Tan.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Andrew Sullivan and Faraway Ltd.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Andrew Sullivan and Faraway Ltd (B): Sam Cartwright of Mothercare.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Andrew Sullivan and Faraway Ltd (C): Anthony Pierce of John Lewis.
- Takashi Misumi, Tsutomu Chano, Yukihiro Yasuda (2020) Corporate Governance of Japanese Companies. CHUOKEIZAI-SHA
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Dave Armstrong (A).
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Dave Armstrong (B).
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Red Hen Baking Company.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Whirlpool Europe.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Ocean Carriers.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) Case of the Unidentified Industries--2006.
- Hokuto Dazai (2020) SureCut Shears, Inc..
- Zenichi Shishido, Gen Goto (2016) Reforming Corporate Governance －The Road to Improving Firm Value and Stimulating the Economy. Shojihomu