Admission News

  1. TOP
  2. Admissions
  3. News
  4. Transfer Admissions Global BBA

Transfer Admissions Global BBA

Do you accept transfer admissions?

NUCB accepts transfer students from students residing in Japan and outside of Japan to transfer into the second or third year of a four-year program.

Is there an age limit for applicants?

There is no age limit, we welcome mature student applications.

What is the number of students accepted each year for transfer admissions?

A few.

How many credits can I transfer?

Students at NUCB must complete a total of 124 credits (minimum 28 Liberal Arts & minimum 72 Specialized Subjects) to graduate. Accepted students will be notified about the allowed number of transfer credits in the notification of acceptance and which year they transfer to.

※The maximum number of credits to transfer is 60.

Do all applicants have an interview?

Yes, all applicants will be invited to interview provided they submit all the required documents in a timely manner. Interviews will be conducted by two professors lasting approximately 15 to 20 minutes.

What documents/transcripts are required?

  • Transcripts (High School and Post Secondary)
  • Program Curriculum
  • Course Syllabus
  • Credit Policy (any equivalence with ECTS?)
  • Class Duration / total hours of study / contact hours

You must include your high school academic transcripts AND your academic transcripts from the higher education institutions you enrolled in since graduating from high school.

Please include a syllabus for each course you have taken or are currently taking that you wish to have approved for credit transfer.

Please include information that shows the subject name, course type, number of credits, course duration, class length, the total number of classes, total class time, and language of instruction. Please also include the entire curriculum for your program.

If the documents are not in English or Japanese, please submit the officially translated translation together with the original syllabus. Only translations from the organization issuing the syllabus, a translation company, or a qualified individual translator will be accepted.

What are the requirements for transfer?

Applicants must satisfy either 1. or 2. below:


  • Completed at least one or two years of study in a university bachelor's degree program outside of Japan.
  • Have completed 13 or 14 years of study in a university bachelor's degree program.
  • Have acquired at least one fourth or half of the credits needed to graduate from their current university's bachelor's degree program.


  • Applicants who have completed at least one / two year(s) of study in a university bachelor's degree program within Japan and acquired at least 30 or 60-course credits by the time of enrollment to NUCB.

What English proficiency is required?

  • TOEFL iBT 79
  • IELTS 6.0
  • TOEIC L&R 780
  • Eiken Grade 1
  • PTE Academic 50
  • Cambridge English Language Assessment FCE Grade B

If you have other scores for proficiency please contact the admissions team in advance. Please note that a decision on whether you can transfer credits can only be made after a formal application.

What is the application process?

  1. Online Application
  2. Submit Required Documents
  3. Complete Case Exam (Online)
  4. Attend an Interview (Online)
  5. Receive Results of Admission

Do I have access to dormitories if I am a transfer student?

NUCB offers a variety of accommodation options to its students, including transfer students. Please find more information about our different dormitories at the following link.

Contact Us