What is a Mizuhiki Knot?
- Stiff rice paper cord as materials
- Used on gifts for conveying well-wishing and expressing thanks to others
- Different type of knot has its specific meaning
- The number of cords being used is usually odd
- Nowadays many used it for accessories
- 3, 5, and 7 are commonly used
On Wednesday, December 9th, 2020, NUCB International students and Japanese students joined together to tie beautiful "Mizuhiki Knots" for the last Cultural Enrichment Activity of 2020.
For the first event of its kind held on Campus, students started by learning the symbolism of the knots and their history in Japanese traditional culture. The rest of the session was dedicated to the practice of different knots under the guidance of the staff.
Matching perfectly the season, the event was popular with students who dedicated a lot of effort to produce beautiful Mizuhiki knots.