ENGLISH & AMERICAN LITERATURE 2
The aim of this course is to teach students literacy skills. We will read and discuss 3 novels and a short story in English in order to strengthen student understanding of cultural, philosophical and literary content. The knowledge and information we receive from literature will then be used to discuss how society at large functions.
This course begins with practicing literacy skills of regular reading, note taking and vocabulary building. This course is designed to help students better understand written English but also to practice expressing what they have understood and how that knowledge applies to the world they live in, or the world they would like to live in.
Students will also be expected to prepare for class by reading several pages of a book or a short story each day, thereby building the practice of literacy and reflection. Students will prepare comprehension sheets each week that demonstrate that they have read the book and tried to understand the contents of the work, if not the author’s intent.
Learning Goals : LG I、LG II、LG IV
- LG-1 Critical thinking for frontier spirit（批判的思考）
- LG-2 Diversity awareness（多様性の意識）
- LG-3 Business ethics and sustainability（企業倫理と持続可能性）
- LG-4 Analytical decision making skills（分析的意思決定）
- LG-5 Effective communication skills（効果的なコミュニケーション）
- LG-6 New-asian business perspective（ニューアジアでのビジネス展開力）